[Openid-specs-ab] Language Script Tags

Axel.Nennker at telekom.de Axel.Nennker at telekom.de
Thu Mar 14 21:57:22 UTC 2013

e.g.: in plain Javascript
Save the attached file and open it in a browser. It sorts the tags of the JSON object "j" and marks the current locale client_name in bold.
Could be done in jQuery in a more fancy style but...
Could have a handler (member function of an openid object...) for each known_field

Axel

<script>
function f() {
  function member(x,arr) {
    for (var i=0; i<arr.length; i++) {
      if (x === arr[i]) return true;
    }
    return false;
  }
  function startWith(x,arr) {
    for (var i=0; i<arr.length; i++) {
      if (x.indexOf(arr[i]) == 0) return true;
    }
    return false;
  }
  var locale = "en-us";
  var j = {
    "client_name#en-us": "Test Client",
    "client_name#ja-Jpan-JP": "ワタシ用の例",
    "logo_url": "https://client.example.org/logo.png"
  };
  var known_fields = ["client_name", "redirect_uris", "logo_url"];
  var lang_fields = ["client_name"];
  try {
    for (var field in j) {
      if (startWith(field,known_fields)) {
        var s = field.split('#');
        if (member(s[0],lang_fields)) {
          if (s.length === 2) {
            if (locale == s[1]) {
            } else {
              document.getElementById("lang").innerHTML += "<div>" + j[field] + "</div>";
            }
          } else {
            // default
            document.getElementById("lang").innerHTML += "<div>" + j[field] + "</div>";
          }
        } else {
          document.getElementById("other").innerHTML += "<div>" + j[field] + "</div>";
          // not language specific field like redirect_uris
        }
      } else {
        alert("unknown field " + field);
      }