[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages 2.5.2 - Clarify responsibilities when claims employ languages and scripts (issue #802)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 7 14:16:20 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 802: Messages 2.5.2 - Clarify responsibilities when claims employ languages and scripts
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/802/messages-252-clarify-responsibilities-when

Michael Jones:

Mark Wahl asked "What is the requirement on the consumer?  If a producer is allowed to use language codes, then SHOULD a consumer support it?"

That's a very good question.  If I ask for “family_name” am I expected to handle the case where I get back “family_name#ja-Kana-JP” and “family_name#ja-Hani-JP” but not “family_name” and recognize that my request for "family_name" has been satisfied?  Or am I expected to always get back “family_name” in addition to the claims with the language/script names?

We should probably clarify these questions in the specifications.

following the issue.