[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages 2.5 - Add country_code claim (issue #798)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 7 11:59:17 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 798: Messages 2.5 - Add country_code claim
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/798/messages-25-add-country_code-claim

Michael Jones:

Mark Wahl points out that many web properties seem to be concerned about the user's country so as to not offer services which are not available because of a user's country.  While we have the "country" value within the address claim, and "locale", neither of these actually fit this bill.

We should add the following claim as part of the profile set:

    country_code - ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 country code of the End-User's country or territory, such as "GB" or "HK".

following the issue.