[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages 2.5 - Clarify that email_verified rules are context specific (issue #797)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 7 11:44:52 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 797: Messages 2.5 - Clarify that email_verified rules are context specific
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/797/messages-25-clarify-that-email_verified

Michael Jones:

Mark Wahl was asking what the verification rules are for email_verified.  We should explicitly state that the meaning of email_verified is dependent upon the trust framework or other context in which it is used.  I suggest adding the following:

    The means by which an e-mail address must be verified is context-specific, and dependent upon the trust framework or contractual agreements within which the parties are operating.

following the issue.