[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages 2.5 - Require "picture" to refer to an image file (issue #794)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Thu Mar 7 11:11:49 UTC 2013

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 794: Messages 2.5 - Require "picture" to refer to an image file
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/794/messages-25-require-picture-to-refer-to-an

Michael Jones:

Mark Wahl points out that we should require that the "picture" be displayable when describing the user.  He quoted the following language from SCIM.  We should do the same.

      The value SHOULD be a
      canonicalized URL, and MUST point to an image file (e.g. a GIF,
      JPEG, or PNG image file) rather than to a web page containing an
      image.  Service Providers MAY return the same image at different
      sizes, though it is recognized that no standard for describing
      images of various sizes currently exists.  Note that this
      attribute SHOULD NOT be used to send down arbitrary photos taken
      by this User, but specifically profile photos of the User suitable
      for display when describing the User.

following the issue.