[Openid-specs-ab] Feedback on UserInfo schema

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 21:54:26 UTC 2013

I am fine with it, though how to create "formatted phone number" needs to
be clarified. Is it just how the user entered or created algorithmically?
If the later, the OP needs to have translation template for each countries
as they widely varies. As to the syntax is concerned, I prefer
phone_number_formatted instead of formatted_phone_number. Also, a +1 for
making E.164 a MUST for the machine consumption.

With respect to phone number, it just reminded me of the fact that multiple
sources expressed desire to differentiate land line phone number and mobile
phone number. Their characteristics as to the binding strength to the
subject is very different. Land line usually is only bound to the "home /
household" or "office location", the mobile phone number is much more
tightly coupled with the person / subject. So, actually, you may not want
to treat them as a single class.

So, in addition to phone_number, I would like to propose mobile_number as
well.

Nat