[Openid-specs-ab] Couple questions on the UserInfo Request

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Wed Mar 6 00:34:05 UTC 2013

To be completely clear, if we keep the present semantics I believe we need to add this language:

The Client MUST add "schema=openid" as a request parameter when making a request to the UserInfo Endpoint.

Is that want we really want?  Or should we make it the responsibility of the OP to add this parameter when needed, and let the Client discover a UserInfo Endpoint address that may include a “?schema=openid” query parameter, when the OP needs it to be present (slightly simplifying the client)?

                                                            -- Mike