[Openid-specs-ab] Tracking IETF Dynamic Registration

Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS vladimir at nimbusds.com
Wed Jan 9 08:25:48 UTC 2013

I welcome the idea to give client registration an OAuth spec of its own.
I think there's good potential for the client reg protocol to find use
in other applications beyond OIDC.

The optimal semantics of registration will surely get clarified as we
put the endpoint to practical test. Last month I implemented the OIDC
style reg into our OIDC SDK and in two - three months I'll be able to
provide practical feedback on that.

I noticed there is no direct way for a client to query its registration
params. But it looks like the update operation provides a work around?

What is your opinion on providing a "read" operation guys? Right now I
imagine use for that in our OIDC server project, to allow the reg
endpoint to be implemented as a separate web service, and let the AS
query client reg data via a simple "read" query. A "read" operation can
also be useful if we have a web page for manual registrations that
fronts the auto-reg endpoint.

Vladimir

Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : vladimir at nimbusds.com