[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Messages - Add 'prn' claim to id_token to support JWT Assertion (issue #687)

Justin Richer jricher at mitre.org
Fri Dec 14 22:40:22 UTC 2012

You are correct. I hadn't caught that, but it does state in JWT Assertions:

    The JWT MUST contain an aud (audience) claim containing a URI
    reference that identifies the authorization server, or the service
    provider principal entity of its controlling domain, as an intended
    audience. The token endpoint URL of the authorization server MAY be
    used as an acceptable value for an aud element. The authorization
    server MUST verify that it is an intended audience for the JWT.

Which doesn't leave much wiggle room for the OIDC interpretation.
Between this an 'prn', maybe this is a different kind of assertion
claim, then? An id-token assertion grant type?

  -- Justin