[Openid-specs-ab] Optional or required

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Dec 7 05:23:58 UTC 2012

I just looked into this and the history contains both:

·        Made application_type REQUIRED and added a explanation about redirect_uris registration

and:

·        Made application_type OPTIONAL with web as the default

http://openid.bitbucket.org/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html#anchor3 contains:
application_type
OPTIONAL. The default if not specified is web. The defined values are native or web.

So it looks like it's optional.  If you think this is wrong, file a bug containing the rationale and we'll consider reconsidering. :)

                                                            -- Mike

"Made application_type REQUIRED and added a explanation about redirect_uris registration"

I can not see the former reflected in section 2.1, where it says:

application_type

               OPTIONAL. The default if not ....

So, what should it be ?

-- Roland

Roland Hedberg

IT Architect/Senior Researcher

ICT Services and System Development (ITS) Umeå University

SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden

Phone +46 90 786 68 44

Mobile +46 70 696 68 44

www.its.umu.se<http://www.its.umu.se>