[Openid-specs-ab] Question to Google about redirect_uri parameter in authorization request

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 6 00:50:17 UTC 2012

Brian, is the current inconsistency within the Connect specs that you've identified in this sentence in http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-standard-1_0.html#anchor9: "Ensure that the redirect_uri parameter is present if the redirect_uri parameter was included in the initial Authorization Request and that their values are identical for the Scheme, Host, Path, and Query Parameter segments"?  If the phrase "if the redirect_uri parameter was included in the initial Authorization Request", would the Connect specs then be self-consistent, in your view?

Or are you also concerned that this language in http://openid.net/specs/openid-connect-registration-1_0.html#anchor3 would be inconsistent: "redirect_uris - RECOMMENDED for Clients using the code flow with a query parameter encoded response. REQUIRED for Clients requesting implicit flow fragment encoded responses as defined in OAuth 2.0 [OAuth2.0]. A space-delimited list of redirect URIs. One of the URL MUST match the Scheme, Host, and Path segments of the redirect_uri in the authorization request."?  Or do people also believe that registering redirect_uris should always be REQUIRED?

				Thanks all,
				-- Mike