[Openid-specs-ab] Question to Google about redirect_uri parameter in authorization request

Brian Campbell bcampbell at pingidentity.com
Wed Dec 5 17:40:43 UTC 2012

That's a fair example but the point I've been trying to make is that
that variability already exists in OAuth and, even if we all agree
that it's a bad thing, it can't just be undone in Connect. An AS that
currently allows for that variability in OAuth (and such things do
exist) will need to now have further conditions on the variability
based on what protocol is being used in the request (identified by the
presence of the openid scope value I guess?). From the perspective of
someone who has to develop, support and maintain such an AS, that
seemed like not a particularly ideal situation. So I was looking to
get consistent treatment between the spec suites because it would make
my life easier. I also feel that any problems with potential ambiguity
around the parameter would be exacerbated rather than helped by having
Connect treat it differently.