[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 3-Dec-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Dec 4 00:25:00 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 3-Dec-12

John Bradley
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay
Mike Jones

Agenda:
                Open Issues
                Editing
                WebFinger
                Call Times

Open Issues:
                We discussed applying resolutions from the 22-Oct-12 meeting at Google to the specs:

                #605 Session Sec 2 - op_logout_url description
                #634 Session 5 - Re-redirection to RP after the OP logout, or no redirection logout
                #635 Session - 4.1 Format of hash and salt
                #595 Discovery 2 - No means of discovery without web server for domain
                #604 All - Create a MTI section
                #628 Discovery 3.2 - Define which discovery element is mandatory
                #656 Discovery - 4.2 Provider Configuration File does not specify what optional parameters the server accepts

                #539 Messages - 0. Add scope for offline access
                #601 Standard - No way of doing IdP initiated login defined

                #685 Registration 2.1 - The policy URL should be different from the terms-of-service URL Registration
                #667 Registration - Restructuring

Editing:
                We reviewed all open issues to discuss applying edits for them for the upcoming release

WebFinger:
                We agreed that we need to try to get the fallback-to-http feature removed from WebFinger
                Other than that, it seems to be making decent progress

Call Times:
                The working group requests that Nat update the iCal entry at http://openid.net/wg/connect/
                                to move the Thursday call time an hour later to 7am Pacific / Midnight Japan