[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Discovery 2.1.2 - Allow port number to be specified for e-mail syntax identifiers (issue #676)

Michael Jones issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Tue Nov 6 14:41:30 UTC 2012

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 676: Discovery 2.1.2 - Allow port number to be specified for e-mail syntax identifiers
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/676/discovery-212-allow-port-number-to-be

Michael Jones:

For OpenID Connect identifier normalization, I would propose that we allow port numbers on e-mail-syntax identifiers.  For instance, we should accept ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com:8888 to say that discovery for the identifier ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com is to be performed on the discovery server at port 8888.

That's a different thing than whether acct: needs to allow port numbers.  I could discover acct:ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com at the port 8888 discovery server based upon the user input ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com:8888 without incurring any interoperability issues.

following the issue.