[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 5-Nov-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Nov 6 04:37:01 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 5-Nov-12

Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay

Agenda:
               Open Issues
               Editing

Open Issues:
               Issue resolutions from Google F2F meeting have not yet been incorporated
               #667 Registration - Restructuring
                              We agreed to restructure - assigned to Nat
               #668 Messages,Multi Response - Cope with bloating id_token_hint in self-issued cases
                              Won't fix per F2F meeting - Mike will update status
                              Edmund pointed out that one workaround is requesting a second small ID Token
               #669 Inconsistent treatment of redirect_uri parameter
                              For interop reasons, will reject unless someone makes a case that it's important to allow
               #670 Messages 2.3.3. UserInfo Error Response - Define suitable HTTP status code for invalid_schema error
                              We will use 400 Bad Request in Standard
               #671 Authorisation request with UserInfo claims but no token in response_type
                              An error will be returned in this case - assigned to John
               #672 Registration 2.1: Rename token_endpoint_auth_type to token_endpoint_auth_method
                              We won't make a change because there isn't a compelling reason for a breaking change at this point
               #673 Registration 2.1: Rename require_signed_request_object to request_object_alg
                              We will send a note to the WG asking if people would object to changing the name to require_signed_request_object_alg
               #674 Registration 2.1: Typo in require_auth_time
                              The "(default max authentication age)" text is a cut-and-paste error

Editing:
               Mike still needs to apply the JOSE edits to the Connect specs
               People should proceed with their edits because Mike will be fully occupied by IETF deadlines this week