[Openid-specs-ab] [OAUTH-WG] I-D Action: draft-ietf-oauth-dyn-reg-01.txt

Richer, Justin P. jricher at mitre.org
Mon Nov 5 22:20:37 UTC 2012

This draft combines the best-usable parts UMA and OpenID Connect dynamic registration drafts into one document that's designed to facilitate dynamic client registration. I've significantly reorganized the document and I've tried to exorcise any obvious dependencies on OpenID Connect or UMA. This protocol follows the OpenID Connect registration model most closely, in that it's form-parameters in and JSON out (as opposed to JSON round trip). This matches the rest of the OAuth protocol. It's a push model only for metadata as well, but it allows clients to push updates.

General formatting is still rough, but I think that the text is mostly readable and complete. There are several Editor's Notes in the document that bring up what I consider to be open questions or issues with the functionality. One that I forgot to leave a note for is client unregistration. Does it make sense to provide mechanisms for a full lifecycle for well-behaved clients?

We'll be discussing this draft in person at the IETF meeting for the OAuth working group on Thursday for anybody who wants to throw tomatoes at me*.

 -- Justin

*Please do not actually throw tomatoes at me.