[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 15-Oct-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Oct 16 00:04:28 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 15-Oct-12

Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay
John Bradley
Pamela Dingle

Agenda:
                Pending JOSE release
                WebFinger
                Potential SWD changes
                Self-Issued OPs
                Mobile phone application
                Interop
                Editing
                Open Issues
                Connect Meeting before IIW
                OpenID Meeting at IETF

Pending JOSE release:
                Mike reviewed the pending JOSE changes
                He plans to release new versions in the next 24 hours

WebFinger:
                Mike has seen a draft the removes XML support to a non-normative appendix
                It should be released before Monday's deadline

Potential SWD changes:
                Do we want to do a release a SWD draft that removes the JSON redirect and adds a host prefix?
                                Let's talk about this on Monday - especially with Google

Self-Issued OPs:
                Jun is hitting an issue having to do with a change of iOS versions
                                TestFlight allows limited distribution
                                We probably want to require them to have an RP implementation supporting self-issued OPs
                Nat reports that Axel is making progress on an Android implementation
                Apparently Axel and Jun are testing with Jun's RP, which supports self-issued OPs

Mobile phone application:
                Pam is modifying Ping's test application to let it be used in a more generic way
                                She will try to have a version for people to use by Monday

Interop:
                Nov had pointed out a certificate problem and Roland seems to have addressed it
                Edmund tried Roland's new updates for the RP tests
                                They seem to be working now

Editing:
                Nat plans to do his edits tomorrow
                Mike plans to do the OpenID Connect changes corresponding to the JOSE updates this week as well
                                Nat pointed us to this wiki page about MTI features: https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/wiki/MTIs

Open Issues:
                There were no new issues
                At IIW, we should go through the deferred issues
                Nat wants us to talk about MTI features for the server - issue #604
                                Currently it is everything in Basic plus the OpenID Request Object
                                If an OP has claims and they are requested via the request object, they need to be returned
                                JWS is mandatory, JWE is optional

Connect Meeting before IIW:
                http://connect-wg-oct-2012.eventbrite.com/
                We need to talk about MTI there
                We should get an update on Session Management
                                Mike sent a request for this to Naveen and Breno
                We should talk about on-behalf-of
                And other major open issues

OpenID Meeting at IETF:
                http://connect-ietf-85.eventbrite.com/