[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 8-Oct-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Oct 8 23:44:28 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 8-Oct-12

Mike Jones
John Bradley

Agenda:
                Mobile phone application
                Interop
                Editing
                Open Issues
                Connect Meeting before IIW
                OpenID Meeting at IETF
                OAuth Update
                JOSE Update

Mobile phone application:
                Pam is modifying Ping's test application to let it be used in a more generic way

Interop:
                Roland made some fixes in response to Edmund's testing, per the openid-connect-interop list

Editing:
                John checked in changes for these issues:
                                #612 Messages - 4.1 request_object_algs_supported inconsistent with require_signed_request_object
                                #638 discovery using issuer identifer w/ path component conflict with RFC 5785?
                                #631 Registration 2.1 - Split this section to clarify each parameters are optional or not
                                #619 Basic - issuer + client_id check a MUST in id_token validation
                                He requests that people review the changes

Open Issues:
                No new issues
                Mike pinged Naveen and Breno about the changes to session management, but hasn't heard back

Connect Meeting before IIW:
                http://connect-wg-oct-2012.eventbrite.com/
                We currently have 24 people registered

OpenID Meeting at IETF:
                http://connect-ietf-85.eventbrite.com/
                We have a room but don't know which one it is yet
                We currently have 4 people registered
                Mike will announce this to the 85attendees list

OAuth Update:
                Mike and Dick are interacting with the RFC Editors on finishing the OAuth specs
                OAuth Core will be RFC 6749 and OAuth Bearer will be RFC 6750

JOSE Update:
                Mike believes he's within a week of checking in the JOSE changes
                                He will make the corresponding Connect changes after that checkin