[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 27-Sep-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 27 15:15:56 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 27-Sep-12

Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Salvatore D'Agostino
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
George Fletcher
Roland Hedberg

Agenda:
               Interop
               Editing
               Open Issues

Interop:
               Instructions
               Roland is producing encryption tests
               Roland has yet to do anything for session management
               Nat reported that a sample self-issued OP is almost done
                              He hopes we will have it by next week
               Mike would like to see a mobile phone application being tested
                              Nat will try to find someone to work on this
                              Roland said that you have to catch and handle the redirect
                              Roland said that you have to manage cookies as well
                                             There may be different cookies between the OP and RP versus the OP and the browser
                                             Nat and George said that it would be better to not use cookies in this case and just use the ID Token
               Nat will organize an interop call in about a week

Editing:
               John made one more edit: Made application_type OPTIONAL with web as the default
               Breno is updating the session management spec
                              We don't have a timeline from him
                              Mike will follow up based upon information from Nat
               It would be very good to get all the edits in and do a release before IIW

Open Issues:
               We went through the unassigned issues and assigned owners
               We went through Mike's issues and assigned a few of them to Edmund and Nat
                              Since he is working on finishing the JOSE
               We should go through the deferred issues soon, possibly on the next call