[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 24-Sep-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Sep 25 00:36:23 UTC 2012


Spec call notes 24-Sep-12

Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
Edmund Jay
John Bradley

Agenda:
                Interop
                Editing
                Open Issues
                IIW WG Meeting
                IETF Meeting
                URI Templates

Interop:
                Roland has been specifying instructions for RP tests
                                He's already done 18 of the current 32 RP tests
                                including important ones like tests for aggregated and distributed claims
                                See http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Special:RecentChanges
                Mike will send a note to openid-connect-interop describing which RP tests are live
                Mike began linking the OP test instructions to the automated tests
                                See http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/OC4:FeatureTest-Support_code_Response_Type for the first updated instructions
                Mike will send a note to the interop list letting people know to do testing and record results

                Edmund asked whether https://github.com/rohe/oictest has been replaced by https://github.com/andreassolberg/oictest
                                There is a link to the non-existent page at http://www.kodtest.se/oictest/install.html
                                                Hopefully Roland can update these instructions to point to the right places
                                Mike will follow up with Roland and Andreas

Editing:
                John and Nat checked in a number of changes
                Nat cleared all but two of his outstanding issues
                John closed 5 and is working on another one that he needs Nat's help with - #643
                                Needs a Japanese Unicode application name and help with Unicode encodings
                We need to figure out how and where to specify the UTF-8 encoding both for this use and for others
                                We need to audit the specs for encodings in general
                                                Nat filed an issue for this - #655
                                                For instance, encoding needs to be specified for the UserInfo endpoint
                John did edits about application type - #360
                                People should review the details of this for native client applications (which changed)
                                John asked whether we forgot to restrict redirect URIs to HTTPs
                                                We need to review this issue
                                John also mentioned an IE browser header that Google supports having to do with native applications
                                                John will file an issue about this

Open Issues:
                #653 Registration - 2.1 policy_url SHOULD be displayed?
                                Or should this be a MUST?
                                We will discuss this during the face-to-face WG meeting
                #654 Messages - (ed) 2.3.2 Userinfo Response - Make a new top level section called Standard Claims
                                We agreed this should be its own section
                                We will also look into whether there's a way to top-align the table rows
                #655 All - Specify UTF-8 as encoding scheme whenever necessary
                                Assigned to Nat

IIW WG Meeting:
                We currently have 13 people registered - see http://connect-wg-oct-2012.eventbrite.com/

IETF Meeting:
                The IETF approved our meeting request and they are scheduling space Sunday afternoon
                John will create an eventbrite page for this: connect-ietf-85.eventbrite.com

URI Templates:
                Nat wrote about possibly using URI templates at
                                http://nat.sakimura.org/2012/09/16/uri-template-in-openid-connect-provider-configuration-response/
                                Also see http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6570
                This could be used in the server provider configuration response
                                This could declare what parameters would go to each endpoint
                JSON Schema could help more precisely specify the JSON Schemas
                URI Templates could help more precisely specify what can be sent to each endpoint
                This could add value for the optional parameters (the required ones are already specified in the specs)
                These could be specified in appendices
                John pointed out that JSON Schema is controversial and possibly in flux
                                Mike would be OK with non-normative schema language in an appendix but not in normative text
                We will add this to the agenda for the face-to-face WG meeting
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20120925/cf85ad7c/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Openid-specs-ab mailing list