[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] Registration - 2.1 policy_url SHOULD be displayed? (issue #653)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Sep 24 16:14:13 UTC 2012

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 653: Registration - 2.1 policy_url SHOULD be displayed?
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/653/registration-21-policy_url-should-be

Nat Sakimura:

Current:

{{{
policy_url
OPTIONAL. A URL location that the Relying Party Client provides to the End-User to read about the how the profile data will be used. The OpenID Provider SHOULD display this URL to the End-User if it is given.
}}}

The last sentence says "The OpenID Provider **SHOULD** display this URL to the End-User if it is given." I think it should be **MUST**. At least, by making it **MUST**, we can help the world a bit.

following the issue.