[Openid-specs-ab] client_credentials grant_type

Justin Richer jricher at mitre.org
Tue Sep 18 14:31:33 UTC 2012

If you want to get and edit per-user information and specify who you're
talking about explicitly, don't use the userinfo endpoint.

Instead, use SCIM, or something like it. It already has mechanisms to do
different kinds of queries and filters for users, as part of the request
parameter set, and is a much better fit for this type of situation.

So long as you back the user information by the same data repositories,
clients should be able to make use of both endpoints with no problems.

  -- Justin