[Openid-specs-ab] Session management and third party cookies

Torsten Lodderstedt torsten at lodderstedt.net
Mon Aug 20 20:40:17 UTC 2012

Internet Explorer seems to behave quite similar to Safari. It allows the
iframe to read but not to write a cookie after this cookie had been set
by a top level window.

Are we facing a real show stopper here? In my opinion, the session
management design might collide with all kinds of tracking
countermeasures implemented by the browser vendors. It might not be the
default today but as people get more sensible about this topic this
might change.

regards,
Torsten.