[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 26-Jul-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jul 26 15:18:43 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 26-Jul-12

John Bradley
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Brian Campbell
Pamela Dingle
Nat Sakimura
Justin Richer

Agenda:
               Editing
               Open Issues
               JOSE
               OAuth
               Next Call

Editing:
               Nat did the whitespace cleanup and the self-issued checkin for Implicit
               He still needs to propagate the change into the other specs

Open Issues:
               We went through new open issues #632-635
               We need to go through the deferred issues
                              http://hg.openid.net/connect/issues?status=on%20hold

JOSE:
               Mike had a productive discussion with Richard Barnes and Eric Rescorla on Tuesday night
                              Mike plans to suggest updates to the JOSE use case document
                              Richard plans to suggest updates to the JOSE specs

OAuth:
               Brian is concerned that the recent OAuth security changes has an unintended side effect of prohibiting anonymous clients
                              Stephen has already written the note to the RFC editor
                                             https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-oauth-v2/writeup/
                              Brian and John will try to propose a concise change to undo the unintended side effects

Next Call:
               We will cancel the Monday call due to the IETF meetings but have the Thursday call