[Openid-specs-ab] FW: Let the fourth OpenID Connect interop begin!

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 28 22:30:10 UTC 2012

From: Mike Jones
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2012 3:29 PM
To: openid-connect-interop at googlegroups.com
Subject: Let the fourth OpenID Connect interop begin!

I'm happy to announce that the fourth OpenID Connect interop (OC4)<http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/OC4:OpenID_Connect_Interop_4> is now open for business.  Please begin testing and recording your results.  Cross-solution results are displayed at http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/OC4:Cross_Solution_RP_x_OP_Results.  Feature test results are displayed on your Solution<http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Category:OC4_Solution> page.  For instance, links to IBM's feature tests results can be found at http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/OC4:IBM_Prototype.

For this interop, we currently have 10 solutions<http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/Category:OC4_Solution> registered to date (up from 8 for OC3); more are expected.

Currently only the feature tests that were also present in OC3 are available for OC4.  Early next week I'll add the new ones that test features that have been added or modified since the Implementer's Drafts.  Tests for features that were removed, such as the Check ID Endpoint, have already been deleted for OC4.

You must be logged into the wiki to record results.  Send me e-mail if you need to have an account created.  (Or use an OpenID 2.0 identifier to log in.)

If you run a test for a solution, record the test result by clicking on the "Not Tested" link next to the test.  This should take you to a page like http://osis.idcommons.net/wiki/OC4:FTR-op-rtyp-idt-x-IBM_Prototype.

Currently there's a bug in the interop wiki software you'll need to know how to work around.  When you click on a red "Not Tested" link, the page is supposed to be automatically created.  Instead, you'll see an error message that begins "The database did not find the text of a page that it should have found".  The way to work around this bug is to click on the "edit" tab at the top of the error page.  This will bring up the result page for you to edit.  Record the result and save the page.

Change the outcome to one of "Works", "Failed", or "Issues".  If the result is anything but "Works", also record a description of the behavior observed in the notes section of the results page.  Also, update the testedby and testdate fields and if applicable, the operatingsystem and browser fields.

If a test fails or has issues, either contact the participants directly using the information on their participant page or send a note about the failure to the openid-connect-interop at googlegroups.com<mailto:openid-connect-interop at googlegroups.com> list, or both.  If any of you have problems recording test results, feel free to drop me a note and I'll help out.

                                                            Happy testing!