[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 25-Jun-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Jun 26 00:13:34 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 25-Jun-12

Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
Edmund Jay
Mike Jones
George Fletcher
Pamela Dingle

Brian Campbell
Justin Richer

Agenda:
                Editing
                OC4 Interop
                #360: Registration 2.1 - What is application_type (native, web) used for?
                #593: Standard: redirect_uri registration & matching
                Session Management
                MTI Features
                WebFinger and acct: scheme
                JOSE
                OAuth
                Next Call

Editing:
                John and Mike did a release incorporating the preferred_username claim
                John is still working on self-issued - hopes to finish by Wednesday

OC4 Interop:
                The OC4 infrastructure is up
                IBM and Mitre have been added
                We should host a tutorial on what to do
                Mike needs to delete the symmetric tests
                Then we should start
                New tests identified by Roland and Mike will go up next week
                We want to include the self-issued behaviors in the interop
                We will start now anyway

#360: Registration 2.1 - What is application_type (native, web) used for?
                George added new proposed description text - no normative change
                We agreed with George's new text

#593: Standard: redirect_uri registration & matching
                John closed this issue with his last round of checkins

Session Management:
                Nat send out updated text for review on Friday

MTI Features:
                Nat will file a ticket, possibly using some text from the 21-Jun-12 call notes

WebFinger and acct: scheme:
                No updates since last call

JOSE:
                Mike expects to have a full encryption example for people to test shortly
                Jim Schaad filed yet another serialization proposal over the weekend
                John believes that it could be modified to enable multiple recipients without breaking changes
                This brings us up to 5 serialization proposals:
                                WG docs, JSON Serialization, James Manger, Richard Barnes, Jim Schaad

OAuth:
                There are now weekly status calls with the chairs
                We continue trying to close issues for Core and Bearer
                Eran wasn't on the call
                There may be an update to the Assertions draft by end of week

Next Call:
                The next call is Thursday morning 7:00am Pacific US, Thursday afternoon Europe, Thursday night Japan