[Openid-specs-ab] [openid/connect] All - Create a MTI section (issue #604)

Nat Sakimura issues-reply at bitbucket.org
Mon Jun 25 23:38:21 UTC 2012

--- you can reply above this line ---

New issue 604: All - Create a MTI section
https://bitbucket.org/openid/connect/issue/604/all-create-a-mti-section

Nat Sakimura:

There's been a discussion about Mandatory to Implement (MTI) features on the list
               We need to do a pass over the specs and make it clear what is MTI for IdPs
               Things that are optional to send are not necessarily optional to implement
               Brian said that there is text saying that support for the request object is optional
               We need to be clearer
               For instance, if an IdP doesn't understand the request object, should it say so?
               Similarly, we need to clarify requirements for the display and prompt parameters

               We need to be clearer that the scopes are shorthands, not the primary mechanisms
                              This was not universally understoodThere's been a discussion about Mandatory to Implement (MTI) features on the list
               We need to do a pass over the specs and make it clear what is MTI for IdPs
               Things that are optional to send are not necessarily optional to implement
               Brian said that there is text saying that support for the request object is optional
               We need to be clearer
               For instance, if an IdP doesn't understand the request object, should it say so?
               Similarly, we need to clarify requirements for the display and prompt parameters

               We need to be clearer that the scopes are shorthands, not the primary mechanisms
                              This was not universally understood

following the issue.