[Openid-specs-ab] Special spec call notes 15-Jun-12

Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS vladimir at nimbusds.com
Fri Jun 15 20:40:07 UTC 2012

Thank you guys for settling the claims_in_id_token issue.

I have to say I thought a lot about it, also from the broader
perspective of OAuth 2.0. But couldn't see a way to encode it, apart
from the existing request object method, that would feel right and
sound. So the decision to drop it is probably the best that could be
done in this situation.

Still, I now realise it will make sense to simplify this request for
clients and I plan to add an explicit option to our SDK API to request
the claims to be packed into the ID token (and let the SDK internals
construct the appropriate request object for this).

Vladimir

Vladimir Dzhuvinov : www.NimbusDS.com : vladimir at nimbusds.com