[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 7-Jun-12

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Fri Jun 15 15:30:40 UTC 2012

Hi Vladimir,

15 jun 2012 kl. 16:27 skrev Vladimir Dzhuvinov / NimbusDS:

> My understanding of the LDAP attribute is that it's for defining how the
> user's full name is to be displayed, e.g. based on the values of the
> surname and give name attributes.

Well there has been some debate around this.
So I would say that that is one way of looking at it.

> So it's purpose is not really equivalent to username.

Agree, my misunderstanding! I was not reading far enough back in the thread.

-- Roland
Roland Hedberg
IT Architect/Senior Researcher
ICT Services and System Development (ITS)
Umeå University
SE-901 87 Umeå, Sweden
Phone +46 90 786 68 44
Mobile +46 70 696 68 44