[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 7-Jun-12

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Thu Jun 14 12:42:22 UTC 2012

I would be happier with username_hint as it will cut down on errors by people who don't read the spec.

I have had to deal with enough issues in openID 2 where RP don't read the spec do something stupid and the media blames openID.   I know we can't stop that completely,  but I know if it is called username in a year or so there will be a security incident,  that is not the specs fault but we will be blamed anyway.

If there is a good reason for calling it username I won't try to block it.  At the moment the logic is mostly that is what facebook calls the element that they put the users profile page subsegment into.

John B.