[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 7-Jun-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Fri Jun 8 00:07:16 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 7-Jun-12

Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
George Fletcher
Edmund Jay
John Bradley

Agenda:
                claims_in_id_token Issue
                Session Management
                Edits and Release
                Open Issues

                We agreed that we need to clone the OC3 interop to create OC4 before adding
                We will need Pam's buy-in and time to do this

claims_in_id_token Issue:
                We agreed that it is easier to reach consensus when you can hear one another's voices than via e-mail
                                We will try to resolve this issue soon that way
                Nat will send out a Doodle poll for special call time to discuss this issue
                We will schedule the call at a time that makes it convenient for Europeans

                We discussed that at John's proposal to have 4 new scope elements makes the scope elements not stateful
                                profile_idt email_idt address_idt phone_idt
                Developers are rejecting claims_in_id_token because it made the 4 scope definitions stateful

Session Management:
                Nat began transcribing the Session Management notes
                He sent out initial notes that he needs feedback on
                He noted that this spec will be quite different than the others, as it contains local APIs

Edits and Release:
                The self-issued edits may be ready for review tomorrow - issue #566
                After that, we'll do a release with that functionality only

Open Issues:
                We discussed some of the open issues.  There were no new ones.
                #576: Discovery - Monitor IETF discovery spec decisions
                                We're seeing no movement on WebFinger
                                We will need to decide soon what to do
                                We could:
                                                Stay with SWD
                                                Try to profile a subset of WebFinger
                                                Profile host-meta
                #257: Acknowledgements and other sections need review
                                Nat complied a proposed list of acknowledgements
                #539 Messages - 0. Add scope for offline access
                                AOL's approach requires stateful session state, Google's is stateless
                                This issue needs an owner and a concrete proposal
                                                Assigned to George, who will work with Breno
                #584 Messages - Username claim
                                We discussed whether syntax restrictions should be imposed and if so, what
                                No one on the call was particularly enamored with the claim
                                Relying parties could just use the part of the e-mail address before the @ to achieve approximately the same thing
                                The consensus on the call was that this field is adding more confusion than value
                                Resolved as WontFix
                #593 Standard: redirect_uri registration & matching
                                George argued that requiring matching query parameters is overkill
                We only got through the issues up to #593