[Openid-specs-ab] May 25, 2012 OpenID Connect Update Release

Sascha Preibisch spreibisch at layer7tech.com
Thu Jun 7 14:59:11 UTC 2012

Hi John!

I am working on an early implementation and we assumed that a user can deny/ grant any of the scope values.

Like granting "profile" but denying "address". The issued access_token can than only retrieve data with the associated granted scope.

Another question would be:

- if scope is "openid profile email" profile and email would be handled as openid scopes und accessed via "/userinfo"
- if scope is "profile email" profile and email would be handled as ordinary scopes but not to be used with "/userinfo".

I think some clarification here would be good.

Regards,
Sascha