[Openid-specs-ab] Please respond: poll on claims_in_id_token switch in the scope

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Thu Jun 7 07:42:31 UTC 2012

This list left out the possibility that John discussed of having separate scope request values such as email_id that specifically request that sets of scope values be included in the ID Token.  (I'm not necessarily in favor of this, but it was discussed at Yahoo and on the list, so should be part of what people react to.)

This list left out the suggest of Brian's that a different request parameter be defined to act as the switch that the profile, email, address, and phone scope values return claims in the ID Token, rather than the switch being the claims_in_id_token scope.  If we're reconsidering all options, this one shouldn't be excluded.

I don't think there had been any discussion on the list to date since the decisions at Yahoo proposing your option 1b (using a different response type).  I've heard people discussing *how* claims should be directed to the ID Token - not *whether* they should be.  I hope we don't try to reopen that part of the decision as well, especially because no one has proposed reopening it.  As such, I don't believe that it's productive to discuss 1b, 2, or 3b, given that no one has suggested that they are dissatisfied with the option to return claims in the ID token - only the syntax for saying to do it.

My two cents worth...

				-- Mike