[Openid-specs-ab] Should we put self-issued into the Messages or should we create a separate document?

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Fri May 18 16:38:09 UTC 2012

No. That is a vanity string that shows it is a self issued provider.
It could very well be urn:OpenID:optype:selfissued or something.

=nat via iPhone

On 2012/05/19, at 1:20, Justin Richer <jricher at mitre.org> wrote:

 Responding to Justin’s point about static infrastructure, I believe that
the way we’re going to specify it will require no static infrastructure.
Actually, it make is the protocol **more** distributed, as it removes the
dependence upon third party IdPs.

Doesn't it require selfissued.me to be there to answer for all of these
self-issued pocket IdPs in terms of discovery? That's the functionality
that I understood from the meeting at Yahoo.

 -- Justin*