[Openid-specs-ab] Additional issues/questions with Basic

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Thu May 17 20:03:28 UTC 2012

I think we should keep SHOULD here.
There are use cases that a MUST cannot be fulfilled.

=nat via iPhone

On 2012/05/18, at 4:57, Chuck Mortimore <cmortimore at salesforce.com> wrote:

Agreed.

It was basically pointing out that we were over ridding the OAuth language
and turning SHOULD to MUST.    As a platform, we're ok with it, as we're on
the MUST side of things.

-cmort

On May 17, 2012, at 12:51 PM, John Bradley wrote:

We may have been a bit overzealous with the MUST.   It should be a MUST for
implicit and a SHOULD for code.

>From 10.6 of OAuth

 The authorization server
   MUST require public clients and SHOULD require confidential clients
   to register their redirection URIs.  If a redirection URI is provided
   in the request, the authorization server MUST validate it against the
   registered value.

I don't the think we are actually precluded from making the SHOULD a must
for Connect.

John