[Openid-specs-ab] Additional issues/questions with Basic

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Thu May 17 19:51:50 UTC 2012

We may have been a bit overzealous with the MUST.   It should be a MUST for implicit and a SHOULD for code.

From 10.6 of OAuth

 The authorization server
   MUST require public clients and SHOULD require confidential clients
   to register their redirection URIs.  If a redirection URI is provided
   in the request, the authorization server MUST validate it against the
   registered value.

I don't the think we are actually precluded from making the SHOULD a must for Connect.

John