[Openid-specs-ab] Username

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Wed May 16 15:16:37 UTC 2012

That is not part of the basic set of attributes Facebook uses,  That was where the list originally came from.

I thought that nickname was used by RP for that.

looking at the spec the example of shorting Michael to Mike may be slightly misleading, In my case my nickname is "ve7jtb".  The other potential issue is that we don't preclude spaces.

Is there a need for a separate claim that is a single string not including spaces to be used as a local user name.

There is also the question of encouraging local user names.

John B.