[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 14-May-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon May 14 23:47:53 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 14-May-12

Nat Sakimura
Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
John Bradley

Agenda:
               JOSE specs
               OAuth specs
               WebFinger
               Editing
               JWE interop testing

JOSE Specs:
               Mike posted the -02 versions of the JOSE specs
               The next steps are adding encryption and KDF to the JOSE specs

OAuth Specs:
               Mike had a good call with Hannes and Derek this morning about moving OAuth forward
               They will write up resolutions based on the consensus call results

WebFinger:
               There is a different assumption about who does the normalization between SWD and WebFinger
                              WebFinger assumes that the client creates a normalized URI
                              That's why they have the acct: URI
                              One question is what the client should do if someone types in a scheme
                              We should ask for server normalization if e-mail identifier sent without scheme

Blaine's note:
               He wants to be able to send a hint about the intended user
               We discussed how to do that in the session management discussions 2 weeks ago
               John answered his e-mail

Editing:
               Still on track for spec updates this week

JWE interop testing:
               Edmund has a partial implementation of JWE
               Edmund will try to reply to Brian Campbell's "[jose] WTKDF?" message