[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 23-Apr-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Apr 23 23:57:35 UTC 2012


Spec call notes 23-Apr-12

Mike Jones
Edmund Jay
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
George Fletcher

Agenda:
                Tracked Issues
                Yahoo! meeting on the 30th
                Interop

Tracked Issues:
                We took the issues off hold that had been on hold prior to the release
                New issues:
                                #576 Discovery - Monitor IETF discovery spec decisions
                                                John, Mike participating, Nat monitoring
                                                Apps Area participants have not yet bought into pushing complexity to the server, when needed
                                #577 Messages 2.1.2.1.1.1 - Behavior when required claims unavailable underspecified
                                                The sense on the call was that if all required claims are not available, it is an authentication error
                                                George said that many OpenID 2.0 IdPs ignore optional claims, for privacy reasons
                                                We could change the terminology from "required" to "critical"
                                                We may want to define optional as "don't return an error if you can't return this", for privacy reasons
                                                We will decide on this at the Yahoo! meeting
                Old issues:
                                #220 Registration 4.1. application_url
                                                We closed this one as won't fix
                                #566: Messages, Standard - Define self issued OP mechanism
                                                John will add the details of the proposal to the bug

Yahoo! meeting on the 30th:
                Prioritize discussion of big-picture semantic issues/proposals
                Then go through remaining issues in priority order
                There are currently 33 people registered for the meeting
                                John will touch base with our hosts about space and logistics

Interop:
                Met with Roland about interop tests in Munich
                                He will write tests for the new features in the recent release
                                We also developed a strategy for him to write and deploy RP tests
                Edmund now has support for issuers with paths
                                He will post to the interop list after making the changes public

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20120423/690b09d0/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the Openid-specs-ab mailing list