[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 2-Apr-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Apr 3 00:10:06 UTC 2012


Spec call notes 2-Apr-12

Mike Jones
Nat Sakimura
John Bradley
Edmund Jay

Agenda:
                Editing
                Open Issues
                Torsten's suggested changes
                Upcoming meetings
                                Meeting at EIC in Germany
                                Meeting at Yahoo! before IIW
                Session Management
                Test Coverage Issues

Editing:
                John hopes to be done with his edit #510 tonight
                After that, Mike will do a release
                We identified a few small open issues we'll also do before the release

Open Issues:
                John is adding an issue from the Paris meeting about renaming verified to email_verified #564
                We triaged the straightforward open issues
                We left those that interact with Torsten's proposed changes open
                We also left those with large impact open
                John will add the self-issued proposal as a tracked issue after doing his remaining edits
                Nat will file an issue to include the new board-approved IPR language in the specs

Torsten's suggested changes:
                Some discussion has started on the list
                We need to hear back from more implementers
                We need to add them to the issue tracker
                                Nat will reply asking Torsten to file individual issues for each of his proposed changes
                Decisions on any breaking changes will likely be deferred until the in-person meeting before IIW

Meeting at EIC in Germany:
                We propose to use approximately the same material for the EIC as for London
                                We should add more about privacy since we're in Germany
                                                Nat will add the additional privacy pieces
                Nat will ask Andrew to do the account chooser presentation
                Mike will expand the OAuth material
                Kick could redo his business-oriented material
                We need to ask Axel what he wants to talk about
                Nat will kick off a thread among the speakers

Meeting at Yahoo! before IIW:
                This is an in-person WG meeting
                We need to start promotion for the Yahoo! meeting
                                Mike will ask the hosts for the information to add to eventbrite, which John will do
                Possibly review interop results
                                Encourage implementer's to add more results before then

Session Management:
                We need dedicated time with Google to write down session management ideas
                                We'd like to do that during the week of IIW
                                We only want about 4-5 of us in the room for that
                Nat will make the request to Google

Test Coverage Issues:
                We apparently have not tested any pure JavaScript clients without a server side component
                Everyone has used server side clients so far
                We haven't shown how to use CORS to talk to the necessary endpoints
                Pure JavaScript clients would need an RSA implementation, such as http://www9.atwiki.jp/kurushima/pub/jsrsa/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openid.net/pipermail/openid-specs-ab/attachments/20120403/d13d801d/attachment.html>


More information about the Openid-specs-ab mailing list