[Openid-specs-ab] FW: JSON Web Token (JWT) Specification Draft -08
Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Tue Mar 13 01:07:44 UTC 2012
From: Mike Jones
Sent: Monday, March 12, 2012 6:07 PM
To: oauth at ietf.org
Subject: JSON Web Token (JWT) Specification Draft -08
Draft 08 of the JSON Web Token (JWT) specification<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jones-json-web-token-08> has been published. It uses the -01 versions of the JOSE specifications<http://self-issued.info/?p=688> and also contains these changes:
* Removed language that required that a JWT must have three parts. Now the number of parts is explicitly dependent upon the representation of the underlying JWS or JWE.
* Moved the "alg":"none" definition to the JWS spec.
* Registered the application/jwt MIME Media Type.
* Clarified that the order of the creation and validation steps is not significant in cases where there are no dependencies between the inputs and outputs of the steps.
* Corrected the Magic Signatures and Simple Web Token (SWT) references.
This specification is available at:
An HTML formatted version is available at:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Openid-specs-ab