[Openid-specs-ab] Does Connect support public clients?

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 15:53:13 UTC 2012

Actually, after Johns blog post about the vulnerability of OAuth as
authentication, I got a strong feedback from security and privacy community
that it is insane to send the token to the server. The token was issued to
the user agent and sending that to the server constitutes security, privacy
and policy breach. If we are to avoid sending token to the server, implicit
flow is not simple any more. We have to use CORS or postMessage inter frame
communication etc.

That is another reason to consider the possibility of making the code flow
the default.

Nat Sakimura