[Openid-specs-ab] Question about sector_identifier_url requirement in registration spec

John Bradley ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com
Tue Jan 17 14:55:01 UTC 2012

The sector_identifier_url is OPTIONAL unless there are multiple hosts in the redirect_uris(making what to use ambitious).
This is in Messages perhaps an additional comment in Registration may make it clearer.

Tracked with ticket #509.

Messages Sec 2.1.1.1.1

If the Client has not provided a value for <spanx style="verb">sector_identifier_url</spanx> in registration, the Sector Identifier used for pairwise identifier calculation is the host component of the registered
<spanx style="verb">redirect_uri</spanx>

When a <spanx style="verb">sector_identifier_url</spanx> is provided, the host component of that URL is used as the Sector Identifier for the pairwise identifier calculation.</ns:clipboard>