[Openid-specs-ab] Spec call notes 16-Jan-12

Mike Jones Michael.Jones at microsoft.com
Mon Jan 16 23:52:13 UTC 2012

Spec call notes 16-Jan-12

John Bradley
Mike Jones
Tony Nadalin
Nat Sakimura
Pam Dingle

Agenda:
               Google logout/change-account demo
               Open Issues
               Token Linking Issue
               Interop Event Planning
               Other Events

Google logout/change-account demo:
               This was to happen today, but the Google representatives didn't join the call
               Nat will follow up and try to reschedule the demo

Open Issues:
               For #502-504, John is unconvinced that we want to require X.509 extension processing
                              We could say "the Certificate SHOULD be valid for its intended use as defined by RFC2459"
                              The working group agreed with this language
               For #505, John checked in new proposed language, which the WG approved
               He also checked in a fix to #506, which the WG approved

Token Linking Issue:
               John plans to edit a private copy of the specs to produce proposed language
               We plan to do another update release once this issue is resolved

Interop Event Planning:
               There has been some activity on the openid-connect-interop list, especially from Roland Hedberg
               Tony will look into whether we can get space for the interop on Friday morning during RSA
               If that day doesn't work, we can look into other possible dates/times

Other Events
               Don is supposed to be getting out a tentative list of events to the board today
               Tony stated that at a minimum, there needs to be an OpenID Update at the EIC