[Openid-specs-ab] Credential revocation

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Wed Jan 11 19:30:42 UTC 2012

I agree with Breno that "session" or "id_token" revocation is more
important.

The RP asking the user to perform a password reset at the IdP is
interesting. However, is most of our experience this is really only
needed with the user is marked for suspicious activity by the RP and the
RP wants the user to go through some flow to "prove" that they own the
account. As an RP, we do have this use case.

Thanks,
George

On 1/11/12 2:07 PM, Breno de Medeiros wrote:
> A more useful feature would be instant session revocation on password
> resets. That could be implemented entirely on the IDP as an
> added-feature if the RP supports near-instant detection of session
> state changes (which I am hoping to document for the JS API).
>
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 11:04, John Bradley<ve7jtb at ve7jtb.com>  wrote:
>> It was something that a number of RP brought up in the early discussions.
>>
>> We are more IdP weighted at the moment.  I think it was Facebook that was most interested in this from the IdP.
>>
>> It isn't a priority, but the NIST document reminded me it slipped from the feature list.
>>
>> I agree the other things are higher priority.
>>
>> Just interested in seeing if there is any real interest in the issue.
>>
>> John B.
>> On 2012-01-11, at 3:47 PM, Mike Jones wrote:
>>
>>> I'd only add it to a list if we're seeing actual demand for it from deployers.
>>>
>>> As it is, I think we should focus on addressing review comments received, completing session management, and completing JWE.  And when we finish those, adding self-issued IDs.  That's more than enough to keep us productively busy for the time being.
>>>
>>>                                -- Mike

Chief Architect                   AIM:  gffletch
Identity Services Engineering     Work: george.fletcher at teamaol.com
AOL Inc.                          Home: gffletch at aol.com
Mobile: +1-703-462-3494           Blog: http://practicalid.blogspot.com
Office: +1-703-265-2544           Twitter: http://twitter.com/gffletch