[Openid-specs-ab] Comments on Discovery spec

George Fletcher gffletch at aol.com
Wed Dec 21 15:27:47 UTC 2011

I created issues in bitbucket for both of these..

-------------

Abstract

Recommend changing second paragraph to...

This specification provides a mechanism for the OpenID Connect client to
discover the user's OpenID Provider as well as the necessary endpoints
used by the OpenID Connect protocol suite.

Section 2.1.3

In looking at RFC 3986, Port is separate from Host so I think we need to
say that the SWD "host" value is defined as the RFC 3986 host and port
sections of the authority portion. I'm assuming we don't want to include
the "user" part of the authority portion.

Possible text change:

The SWD host value is extracted from the "authority" portion (as defined
by RFC 3986) of the URL by concatenating the RFC 3986 host and port
values of the URL. See section 2.2.3 for a non-normative example.