[Openid-specs-ab] Endpoint registration !?

Roland Hedberg roland.hedberg at adm.umu.se
Thu Dec 15 09:20:47 UTC 2011

Hi John,

14 dec 2011 kl. 22:51 skrev John Bradley:

> In principal nothing stops the claims being added to the user info_endpoint they are already URI named so there will not be a collision.

If I understand you correctly this would be in essence an extension of the openid schema which was earlier frowned upon.

> If there are archetectural reasons to separate them that is fine, use the distributed claims, or some combination.

The reason would be that we in the academia are using a schema (actually a set of schemas) which are quite well understood as to their semantics and syntaxes. The openid schema is not well known.
Hence for us it would be easier to get Openid Connect to work in our environment if the information returned from the user-info (eduPerson) endpoint was according to the schemas we know (and hate/love).

> A separate endpoint would allow getting them in XML or some other format if that was required as well.

That would probably not be as necessary.

-- Roland