[Openid-specs-ab] Description of js_origin_uri (Javascrip Origin URI) in Client Registration Spec

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 22:33:28 UTC 2011

I believe we have been careful enough not to exclude postMessage flow. That
has been a cause for confusion for some readers but it was for a good
reason.

=nat via iPhone

On 2011/11/24, at 4:44, Breno de Medeiros <breno at google.com> wrote:

In our implementation we currently name this parameter 'origin' which I
think has the benefit of being shorter than 'js_origin_uri'.

A JS Origin is a well-defined HTML5 concept. (And earlier HTML specs also,
it has not changed.)

I am not sure we need to put it in the spec provided that we write the spec
so that other bindings than HTTP redirect transport (e.g.,
postmessage-based transport) are allowed to be composed.

At some point I would like this group to work on postmessage binding for
connect.

--Breno