[Openid-specs-ab] Audience restriction of access_token/resource ep response in OpenID Connect

hideki nara hdknr at ic-tact.co.jp
Sat Nov 12 08:49:36 UTC 2011

Am I the only one who is confused about the term "audience" in this discussion ?

"OAuth 2.0 Threat Model and Security
Considerations(http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-lodderstedt-oauth-security-01)"
referred in this discussion describes the "audience" like this:

5.1.5.5.  Bind tokens to a particular resource server (Audience)

   Authorization servers in multi-service environments may consider to
   issue tokens with different content to different resource servers and
   to explicitely indicate in the token the target server a token is
   intended to be sent to (cf. Audience in SAML Assertions).

I think that "audience" in Connect/JWT world must means  a token
user(client), not a token target(server).

We are going to  use  "audience" in access_token as a token target
while "audience" in ID Token as a  token user(RP)?

---
hdknr