[Openid-specs-ab] [FYI] Breno's message on google-federated-login-api

Nat Sakimura sakimura at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 01:46:59 UTC 2011

Found the following message on google-federated-login-api list.

Is that Connect, or something else?

breno
Post reply
9:01 AM (9 hours ago)
Re: [google-federated-login-api] How to retrieve user's profile id.

Unfortunately there is no supported means to retrieve the profile_id
using OpenID at this point.

If you are just starting working with OpenID, have you considered
using OAuth2? http://code.google.com/apis/accounts/docs/OAuth2.html

OAuth2 is simpler and more flexible (more smooth integration with API
authorization) than OpenID. Moving forward, you can expect new
features to become available in OAuth2. In particular, we plan to soon
document how to sign in users to sites based on OAuth2 (using the
profile_id).

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/google-federated-login-api/RaFf1IwjPKc/Bewdttc8WBkJ